goal: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gōl), [key]
- the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.
- the terminal point in a race.
- a pole, line, or other marker by which such a point is indicated.
- an area, basket, cage, or other object or structure toward or into which players of various games attempt to throw, carry, kick, hit, or drive a ball, puck, etc., to score a point or points.
- the act of throwing, carrying, kicking, driving, etc., a ball or puck into such an area or object.
- the score made by this act.
- goal (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.