WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. girl, miss, missy, young lady, young woman, fille, woman, adult female
- usage: a young woman; "a young lady of 18"
- 2. female child, girl, little girl, female, female person
- usage: a youthful female person; "the baby was a girl"; "the girls were just learning to ride a tricycle"
- 3. daughter, girl, female offspring
- usage: a female human offspring; "her daughter cared for her in her old age"
- 4. girlfriend, girl, lady friend, woman, adult female, lover
- usage: a girl or young woman with whom a man is romantically involved; "his girlfriend kicked him out"
- 5. girl, woman, adult female
- usage: a friendly informal reference to a grown woman; "Mrs. Smith was just one of the girls"
All rights reserved.
See also: girl (Dictionary)