girl: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gûrl), [key]
- a female child, from birth to full growth.
- a young, immature woman, esp. formerly, an unmarried one.
- a daughter: My wife and I have two girls.
- . a grown woman, esp. when referred to familiarly: She's having the girls over for bridge next week.
- girlfriend; sweetheart.
- a female servant.
- a female employee.
- a female who is from or native to a given place: She's a Missouri girl.
- a range of sizes from 7 to 14, for garments made for girls.
- a garment in this size range.
- the department or section of a store where these garments are sold.
- girl (Thesaurus)