WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gamma, letter, letter of the alphabet, alphabetic character
- usage: the 3rd letter of the Greek alphabet
- 2. gamma, field strength unit
- usage: a unit of magnetic field strength equal to one-hundred-thousandth of an oersted
- 3. da Gamma, Vasco da Gamma, Gamma
- usage: Portuguese navigator who led an expedition around the Cape of Good Hope in 1497; he sighted and named Natal on Christmas Day before crossing the Indian Ocean (1469-1524)
All rights reserved.
See also: gamma (Dictionary)