- 1. future, hereafter, futurity, time to come, time
- usage: the time yet to come
- 2. future, future tense, tense
- usage: a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the future
- 3. future, commodity, trade good, good
- usage: bulk commodities bought or sold at an agreed price for delivery at a specified future date
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. future (vs. past) (vs. present), approaching, coming(prenominal), forthcoming, upcoming, future day, early, emerging, rising, in store(predicate), proximo, prox, incoming, prospective
- usage: yet to be or coming; "some future historian will evaluate him"
- 2. future, prospective (vs. retrospective)
- usage: effective in or looking toward the future; "he was preparing for future employment opportunities"
- 3. future(prenominal), next, succeeding(prenominal), incoming (vs. outgoing)
- usage: (of elected officers) elected but not yet serving; "our next president"
- 4. future
- usage: a verb tense or other formation referring to events or states that have not yet happened; "future auxiliary"
All rights reserved.
See also: future (Dictionary)