Meaning of future
Pronunciation: (fy'chur), [key]
- time that is to be or come hereafter.
- something that will exist or happen in time to come: The future is rooted in the past.
- a condition, esp. of success or failure, to come: Some people believe a gypsy can tell you your future.
- the future tense.
- another future formation or construction.
- a form in the future, as He will come.
- Usually,speculative purchases or sales of commodities for future receipt or delivery.
- that is to be or come hereafter: future events; on some future day.
- pertaining to or connected with time to come: one's future prospects; future plans.
- noting or pertaining to a tense or other verb formation or construction that refers to events or states in time to come.
- future (Thesaurus)