- 1. fruit, reproductive structure
- usage: the ripened reproductive body of a seed plant
- 2. yield, fruit, product, production
- usage: an amount of a product
- 3. fruit, consequence, aftermath
- usage: the consequence of some effort or action; "he lived long enough to see the fruit of his policies"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fruit
- usage: cause to bear fruit
- 2. fruit, bear, turn out
- usage: bear fruit; "the trees fruited early this year"
All rights reserved.
See also: fruit (Dictionary)