- 1. laminitis, founder, inflammation, redness, rubor
- usage: inflammation of the laminated tissue that attaches the hoof to the foot of a horse
- 2. founder, beginner, founding father, father, originator, conceiver, mastermind
- usage: a person who founds or establishes some institution; "George Washington is the father of his country"
- 3. founder, skilled worker, trained worker, skilled workman
- usage: a worker who makes metal castings
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fall through, fall flat, founder, flop, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: fail utterly; collapse; "The project foundered"
- 2. founder, sink, settle, go down, go under
- usage: sink below the surface
- 3. collapse, fall in, cave in, give, give way, break, founder, change
- usage: break down, literally or metaphorically; "The wall collapsed"; "The business collapsed"; "The dam broke"; "The roof collapsed"; "The wall gave in"; "The roof finally gave under the weight of the ice"
- 4. founder, stumble, trip
- usage: stumble and nearly fall; "the horses foundered"
All rights reserved.
See also: founder (Dictionary)