Meaning of founder
- a person who founds or establishes.
- (of a ship, boat, etc.) to fill with water and sink.
- to fall or sink down, as buildings, ground, etc.: Built on a former lake bed, the building has foundered nearly ten feet.
- to become wrecked; fail utterly: The project foundered because public support was lacking.
- to stumble, break down, or go lame, as a horse: His mount foundered on the rocky path.
- to become ill from overeating.
- (of a horse) to suffer from laminitis.
- to cause to fill with water and sink: Rough seas had foundered the ship in mid-ocean.
- to cause (a horse) to break down, go lame, or suffer from laminitis.
- a person who founds or casts metal, glass, etc.
- founder (Thesaurus)