WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. formation, arrangement
- usage: an arrangement of people or things acting as a unit; "a defensive formation"; "a formation of planes"
- 2. formation, shaping, fabrication, manufacture, manufacturing
- usage: the act of fabricating something in a particular shape
- 3. constitution, establishment, formation, organization, organisation, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of forming or establishing something; "the constitution of a PTA group last year"; "it was the establishment of his reputation"; "he still remembers the organization of the club"
- 4. geological formation, formation, object, physical object
- usage: (geology) the geological features of the earth
- 5. formation, placement, arrangement
- usage: a particular spatial arrangement
- 6. formation, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: natural process that causes something to form; "the formation of gas in the intestine"; "the formation of crystals"; "the formation of pseudopods"
- 7. formation, creating by mental acts
- usage: creation by mental activity; "the formation of sentences"; "the formation of memories"
All rights reserved.
See also: formation (Dictionary)