- 1. feature, characteristic, property, attribute, dimension
- usage: a prominent attribute or aspect of something; "the map showed roads and other features"; "generosity is one of his best characteristics"
- 2. feature, lineament, body part
- usage: the characteristic parts of a person's face: eyes and nose and mouth and chin; "an expression of pleasure crossed his features"; "his lineaments were very regular"
- 3. feature, feature film, movie, film, picture, moving picture, moving-picture show, motion picture, motion-picture show, picture show, pic, flick
- usage: the principal (full-length) film in a program at a movie theater; "the feature tonight is `Casablanca'"
- 4. feature, feature article, article
- usage: a special or prominent article in a newspaper or magazine; "they ran a feature on retirement planning"
- 5. feature of speech, feature, property, attribute, dimension
- usage: (linguistics) a distinctive characteristic of a linguistic unit that serves to distinguish it from other units of the same kind
- 6. feature, merchandise, ware, product
- usage: an article of merchandise that is displayed or advertised more than other articles
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. have, feature
- usage: have as a feature; "This restaurant features the most famous chefs in France"
- 2. sport, feature, boast, have, feature
- usage: wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner; "she was sporting a new hat"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of feature (Dictionary)