feature: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fē'chur), [key]
— n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- a prominent or conspicuous part or characteristic: Tall buildings were a new feature on the skyline.
- something offered as a special attraction: This model has several added features.
- Also calledthe main motion picture in a movie program: What time is the feature?
- any part of the face, as the nose, chin, or eyes: prominent features.
- the face; countenance: to compose one's features for the photographers.
- the form or cast of the face: delicate of feature.
- a column, cartoon, etc., appearing regularly in a newspaper or magazine.
- make, form, or shape.
- to be a feature or distinctive mark of: It was industrial expansion that featured the last century.
- to make a feature of; give prominence to: to feature a story or picture in a newspaper.
- to delineate the main characteristics of; depict; outline.
- to conceive of; imagine; fancy: He couldn't quite feature himself as a bank president.
- to resemble in features; favor.
- to play a major part.
- feature (Thesaurus)