Synonyms of fantastic
- 1. antic, fantastic, fantastical, grotesque, strange (vs. familiar), unusual
- usage: ludicrously odd; "Hamlet's assumed antic disposition"; "fantastic Halloween costumes"; "a grotesque reflection in the mirror"
- 2. fantastic, grand, howling(prenominal), marvelous, marvellous, rattling(prenominal), terrific, tremendous, wonderful, wondrous, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers; "a fantastic trip to the Orient"; "the film was fantastic!"; "a howling success"; "a marvelous collection of rare books"; "had a rattling conversation about politics"; "a tremendous achievement"
- 3. fantastic, wild, unrealistic (vs. realistic)
- usage: fanciful and unrealistic; foolish; "a fantastic idea of his own importance"
- 4. fantastic, fantastical, unreal (vs. real)
- usage: existing in fancy only; "fantastic figures with bulbous heads the circumference of a bushel"- Nathaniel Hawthorne
- 5. fantastic, fancy (vs. plain)
- usage: extravagantly fanciful in design, construction, appearance; "Gaudi's fantastic architecture"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fantastic (Dictionary)