fantastic: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fan-tas'tik), [key]
- conceived or appearing as if conceived by an unrestrained imagination; odd and remarkable; bizarre; grotesque: fantastic rock formations; fantastic designs.
- fanciful or capricious, as persons or their ideas or actions: We never know what that fantastic creature will say next.
- imaginary or groundless in not being based on reality; foolish or irrational: fantastic fears.
- extravagantly fanciful; marvelous.
- incredibly great or extreme; exorbitant: to spend fantastic sums of money.
- highly unrealistic or impractical; outlandish: a fantastic scheme to make a million dollars betting on horse races.
- extraordinarily good: a fantastic musical.
- fantastic (Thesaurus)