WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fact, information
- usage: a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred; "first you must collect all the facts of the case"
- 2. fact, information, info
- usage: a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; "he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts"
- 3. fact, reality, realness, realism
- usage: an event known to have happened or something known to have existed; "your fears have no basis in fact"; "how much of the story is fact and how much fiction is hard to tell"
- 4. fact, concept, conception, construct
- usage: a concept whose truth can be proved; "scientific hypotheses are not facts"
All rights reserved.
See also: fact (Dictionary)