WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. facility, installation, artifact, artefact
- usage: a building or place that provides a particular service or is used for a particular industry; "the assembly plant is an enormous facility"
- 2. adeptness, adroitness, deftness, facility, quickness, skillfulness
- usage: skillful performance or ability without difficulty; "his quick adeptness was a product of good design"; "he was famous for his facility as an archer"
- 3. facility, readiness, effortlessness
- usage: a natural effortlessness; "they conversed with great facility"; "a happy readiness of conversation"--Jane Austen
- 4. facility, artifact, artefact
- usage: something designed and created to serve a particular function and to afford a particular convenience or service; "catering facilities"; "toilet facilities"; "educational facilities"
- 5. facility, service
- usage: a service that an organization or a piece of equipment offers you; "a cell phone with internet facility"
All rights reserved.
See also: facility (Dictionary)