Meaning of facility
Pronunciation: (fu-sil'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- Often, transportation facilities; educational facilities; a new research facility.
- something designed, built, installed, etc., to serve a specific function affording a convenience or service:transportation facilities; educational facilities; a new research facility.
- something that permits the easier performance of an action, course of conduct, etc.:to provide someone with every facility for accomplishing a task; to lack facilities for handling bulk mail.
- readiness or ease due to skill, aptitude, or practice; dexterity: to compose with great facility.
- ready compliance: Her facility in organizing and directing made her an excellent supervisor.
- an easy-flowing manner: facility of style.
- the quality of being easily or conveniently done or performed.
- Often,a rest room, esp. one for use by the public, as in a theater or restaurant.
- freedom from difficulty, controversy, misunderstanding, etc.: facility of understanding.
- facility (Thesaurus)