WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. extremity, appendage, member, external body part
- usage: an external body part that projects from the body; "it is important to keep the extremities warm"
- 2. extremity, adversity, hardship, hard knocks
- usage: an extreme condition or state (especially of adversity or disease)
- 3. extremity, ultimacy, ultimateness
- usage: the greatest or utmost degree; "the extremity of despair"
- 4. extremity, region, part
- usage: the outermost or farthest region or point
- 5. extremity, external body part
- usage: that part of a limb that is farthest from the torso
All rights reserved.
See also: extremity (Dictionary)