Meaning of extremity
Pronunciation: (ik-strem'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the extreme or terminal point, limit, or part of something.
- a limb of the body.
- Usually,the end part of a limb, as a hand or foot: to experience cold in one's extremities.
- Often,a condition or circumstance of extreme need, distress, etc.: to suffer the extremities of being poor.
- the utmost or any extreme degree: the extremity of joy.
- an extreme or extraordinary measure, act, etc.: to go to any extremity to feed the children.
- extreme nature or character: the extremity of his views on foreign trade.
- a person's last moment before death.
- extremity (Thesaurus)