Synonyms of experience
- 1. experience, education
- usage: the accumulation of knowledge or skill that results from direct participation in events or activities; "a man of experience"; "experience is the best teacher"
- 2. experience, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: the content of direct observation or participation in an event; "he had a religious experience"; "he recalled the experience vividly"
- 3. experience, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an event as apprehended; "a surprising experience"; "that painful experience certainly got our attention"
- 1. experience, see, go through, undergo
- usage: go or live through; "We had many trials to go through"; "he saw action in Viet Nam"
- 2. know, experience, live, experience, see, go through
- usage: have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations; "I know the feeling!"; "have you ever known hunger?"; "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict"; "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare"; "I lived through two divorces"
- 3. experience, receive, have, get, undergo
- usage: go through (mental or physical states or experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
- 4. feel, experience
- usage: undergo an emotional sensation or be in a particular state of mind; "She felt resentful"; "He felt regret"
- 5. have, experience, change
- usage: undergo; "The stocks had a fast run-up"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of experience (Dictionary)