experience: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ik-spēr'ē-uns), [key]
— n., v., -enced, -enc•ing.
- a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something: My encounter with the bear in the woods was a frightening experience.
- the process or fact of personally observing, encountering, or undergoing something: business experience.
- the observing, encountering, or undergoing of things generally as they occur in the course of time: to learn from experience; the range of human experience.
- knowledge or practical wisdom gained from what one has observed, encountered, or undergone: a man of experience.
- the totality of the cognitions given by perception; all that is perceived, understood, and remembered.
- to have experience of; meet with; undergo; feel: to experience nausea.
- to learn by experience.
- to undergo a spiritual conversion by which one gains or regains faith in God.
- experience (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.