- 1. expense, disbursal, disbursement, cost
- usage: amounts paid for goods and services that may be currently tax deductible (as opposed to capital expenditures)
- 2. expense, detriment, hurt
- usage: a detriment or sacrifice; "at the expense of"
- 3. expense, outgo, spending, expenditure, outlay
- usage: money spent to perform work and usually reimbursed by an employer; "he kept a careful record of his expenses at the meeting"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. expense, write off, write down, depreciate
- usage: reduce the estimated value of something; "For tax purposes you can write off the laser printer"
All rights reserved.
See also: expense (Dictionary)