Meaning of expense
Pronunciation: (ik-spens'), [key]
— n., v., -pensed, -pens•ing.
- cost or charge: the expense of a good meal.
- a cause or occasion of spending: A car can be a great expense.
- the act of expending; expenditure.
- to receive a salary and expenses.
- charges incurred during a business assignment or trip.
- money paid as reimbursement for such charges:to receive a salary and expenses.
- at the sacrifice of; to the detriment of: quantity at the expense of quality.
- to charge or write off as an expense.
- to be expensed.
- expense (Thesaurus)