- 1. evening, eve, even, eventide, day, daytime, daylight
- usage: the latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall); "he enjoyed the evening light across the lake"
- 2. evening, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a later concluding time period; "it was the evening of the Roman Empire"
- 3. evening, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the early part of night (from dinner until bedtime) spent in a special way; "an evening at the opera"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flush, level, even out, even, change surface
- usage: make level or straight; "level the ground"
- 2. even, even out, change, alter, modify
- usage: become even or more even; "even out the surface"
- 3. even, even out, regularize, regularise
- usage: make even or more even
All rights reserved.
See also: evening (Dictionary)