evening: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ēv'ning), [key]
- the latter part of the day and early part of the night.
- the period from sunset to bedtime: He spent the evenings reading.
- the time between noon and sunset, including the afternoon and twilight.
- any concluding or declining period: the evening of life.
- an evening's reception or entertainment: Their evenings at home were attended by the socially prominent.
- of or pertaining to evening: The evening sky shone with stars.
- occurring or seen in the evening: the evening mist.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.