WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. etch, print
- usage: make an etching of; "He etched her image into the surface"
- 2. etch, show
- usage: cause to stand out or be clearly defined or visible; "a face etched with pain"; "the leafless branches etched against the sky"
- 3. engrave, etch, print
- usage: carve or cut into a block used for printing or print from such a block; "engrave a letter"
- 4. engrave, etch, carve, chip at
- usage: carve or cut a design or letters into; "engrave the pen with the owner's name"
- 5. etch, dissolve
- usage: selectively dissolve the surface of (a semiconductor or printed circuit) with a solvent, laser, or stream of electrons
All rights reserved.
See also: etch (Dictionary)