WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. constitution, establishment, formation, organization, organisation, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of forming or establishing something; "the constitution of a PTA group last year"; "it was the establishment of his reputation"; "he still remembers the organization of the club"
- 2. institution, establishment, organization, organisation
- usage: an organization founded and united for a specific purpose
- 3. administration, governance, governing body, establishment, brass, organization, organisation, body
- usage: the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
- 4. establishment, structure, construction
- usage: a public or private structure (business or governmental or educational) including buildings and equipment for business or residence
- 5. establishment, organization, organisation
- usage: any large organization
- 6. establishment, ecesis, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: (ecology) the process by which a plant or animal becomes established in a new habitat
- 7. establishment, validation, proof, cogent evidence
- usage: the cognitive process of establishing a valid proof
All rights reserved.
See also: establishment (Dictionary)