- 1. bodyguard, escort, defender, guardian, protector, shielder
- usage: someone who escorts and protects a prominent person
- 2. escort, accompaniment, protection
- usage: the act of accompanying someone or something in order to protect them
- 3. escort, attendant, attender, tender
- usage: an attendant who is employed to accompany someone
- 4. date, escort, companion, comrade, fellow, familiar, associate
- usage: a participant in a date; "his date never stopped talking"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. escort, accompany
- usage: accompany as an escort; "She asked her older brother to escort her to the ball"
- 2. see, escort, accompany
- usage: accompany or escort; "I'll see you to the door"
All rights reserved.
See also: escort (Dictionary)