Meaning of escort
Pronunciation: (n.es'kôrtv.i&sylpskôrt'), [key]
- a group of persons, or a single person, accompanying another or others for protection, guidance, or courtesy: An escort of sailors accompanied the queen.
- an armed guard, as a body of soldiers or ships: The president traveled with a large escort of motorcycle police.
- a man or boy who accompanies a woman or girl in public, as to a social event.
- protection, safeguard, or guidance on a journey: to travel without escort.
- to attend or accompany as an escort.
- escort (Thesaurus)