WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. erase, wipe out, kill
- usage: remove from memory or existence; "The Turks erased the Armenians in 1915"
- 2. erase, rub out, score out, efface, wipe off, delete, cancel
- usage: remove by or as if by rubbing or erasing; "Please erase the formula on the blackboard--it is wrong!"
- 3. erase, delete, take away, take out
- usage: wipe out digitally or magnetically recorded information; "Who erased the files form my hard disk?"
All rights reserved.
See also: erase (Dictionary)