erase: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (i-rās'), [key]
— v., e•rased, e•ras•ing.
- to rub or scrape out, as letters or characters written, engraved, etc.; efface.
- to eliminate completely: She couldn't erase the tragic scene from her memory.
- to obliterate (material recorded on magnetic tape or a magnetic disk): She erased the message.
- to obliterate recorded material from (a magnetic tape or disk): He accidentally erased the tape.
- to remove (data) from computer storage.
- to murder: The gang had to erase him before he informed on them.
- to give way to effacement readily or easily.
- to obliterate characters, letters, markings, etc., from something.
- erase (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.