WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. educate, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: give an education to; "We must educate our youngsters better"
- 2. train, develop, prepare, educate, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: create by training and teaching; "The old master is training world-class violinists"; "we develop the leaders for the future"
- 3. educate, school, train, cultivate, civilize, civilise, polish, refine, fine-tune, down
- usage: teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment; "Cultivate your musical taste"; "Train your tastebuds"; "She is well schooled in poetry"
All rights reserved.
See also: educate (Dictionary)