Meaning of educate
Pronunciation: (ej'oo-kāt"), [key]
— v., -cat•ed, -cat•ing.
- to develop the faculties and powers of (a person) by teaching, instruction, or schooling.
- to qualify by instruction or training for a particular calling, practice, etc.; train: to educate someone for law.
- to provide schooling or training for; send to school.
- to develop or train (the ear, taste, etc.): to educate one's palate to appreciate fine food.
- to inform: to educate oneself about the best course of action.
- to educate a person or group: A television program that educates can also entertain.
- educate (Thesaurus)