WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brood, dwell, worry, care
- usage: think moodily or anxiously about something
- 2. dwell, consist, lie, lie in, exist, be
- usage: originate (in); "The problems dwell in the social injustices in this country"
- 3. populate, dwell, live, inhabit, be
- usage: inhabit or live in; be an inhabitant of; "People lived in Africa millions of years ago"; "The people inhabited the islands that are now deserted"; "this kind of fish dwells near the bottom of the ocean"; "deer are populating the woods"
- 4. dwell, inhabit, exist, be
- usage: exist or be situated within; "Strange notions inhabited her mind"
- 5. harp, dwell, repeat, reiterate, ingeminate, iterate, restate, retell
- usage: come back to; "Don't dwell on the past"; "She is always harping on the same old things"
All rights reserved.
See also: dwell (Dictionary)