- 1. dream, dreaming, imagination, imaging, imagery, mental imagery
- usage: a series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep; "I had a dream about you last night"
- 2. dream, dreaming, imagination, imaginativeness, vision
- usage: imaginative thoughts indulged in while awake; "he lives in a dream that has nothing to do with reality"
- 3. ambition, aspiration, dream, desire
- usage: a cherished desire; "his ambition is to own his own business"
- 4. pipe dream, dream, fantasy, phantasy
- usage: a fantastic but vain hope (from fantasies induced by the opium pipe); "I have this pipe dream about being emperor of the universe"
- 5. dream, reverie, revery
- usage: a state of mind characterized by abstraction and release from reality; "he went about his work as if in a dream"
- 6. dream, perfection, flawlessness, ne plus ultra
- usage: someone or something wonderful; "this dessert is a dream"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dream, daydream, woolgather, stargaze, imagine, conceive of, ideate, envisage
- usage: have a daydream; indulge in a fantasy
- 2. dream, perceive, comprehend
- usage: experience while sleeping; "She claims to never dream"; "He dreamt a strange scene"
All rights reserved.
See also: dream (Dictionary)