WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dispersion, scattering, spread, spreading
- usage: spreading widely or driving off
- 2. distribution, dispersion, spacing, spatial arrangement
- usage: the spatial or geographic property of being scattered about over a range, area, or volume; "worldwide in distribution"; "the distribution of nerve fibers"; "in complementary distribution"
- 3. dispersion, dispersal, dissemination, diffusion, spread, spreading
- usage: the act of dispersing or diffusing something; "the dispersion of the troops"; "the diffusion of knowledge"
All rights reserved.
See also: dispersion (Dictionary)