WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse, discharge
- usage: distribute loosely; "He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
- 2. disperse, dissipate, dispel, break up, scatter, separate, divide
- usage: to cause to separate and go in different directions; "She waved her hand and scattered the crowds"
- 3. break up, disperse, scatter, change integrity
- usage: cause to separate; "break up kidney stones"; "disperse particles"
- 4. disperse, dissipate, scatter, spread out, separate, part, split
- usage: move away from each other; "The crowds dispersed"; "The children scattered in all directions when the teacher approached";
- 5. disperse, separate
- usage: separate (light) into spectral rays; "the prosm disperses light"
- 6. circulate, circularize, circularise, distribute, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, disperse, pass around, publicize, publicise, air, bare
- usage: cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
All rights reserved.
See also: disperse (Dictionary)