disperse: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-spûrs'), [key]
— v., adj. -persed, -pers•ing,
- to drive or send off in various directions; scatter: to disperse a crowd.
- to spread widely; disseminate: to disperse knowledge.
- to dispel; cause to vanish: The wind dispersed the fog.
- to cause (particles) to separate uniformly throughout a solid, liquid, or gas.
- to subject (light) to dispersion.
- to separate and move apart in different directions without order or regularity; become scattered: The crowd dispersed.
- to be dispelled; be scattered out of sight; vanish: The smoke dispersed into the sky.
- noting the dispersed particles in a dispersion.
- disperse (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.