- 1. disk, disc, saucer, round shape
- usage: something with a round shape resembling a flat circular plate; "the moon's disk hung in a cloudless sky"
- 2. disk, disc, plate, circle, round
- usage: a flat circular plate
- 3. phonograph record, phonograph recording, record, disk, disc, platter, sound recording, audio recording, audio
- usage: sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove; used to reproduce music by rotating while a phonograph needle tracks in the groove
- 4. magnetic disk, magnetic disc, disk, disc, memory device, storage device
- usage: (computer science) a memory device consisting of a flat disk covered with a magnetic coating on which information is stored
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. harrow, disk, plow, plough, turn
- usage: draw a harrow over (land)
All rights reserved.
See also: disk (Dictionary)