disk: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (disk), [key]
- any thin, flat, circular plate or object.
- any surface that is flat and round, or seemingly so: the disk of the sun.
- disc (def. 1).
- any of several types of media consisting of thin, round plates of plastic or metal, used for external storage: magnetic disk; floppy disk; optical disk.
- any of various roundish, flat structures or parts.
- (in the daisy and other composite plants) the central portion of the flower head, composed of tubular florets.
- any of the circular steel blades that form the working part of a disk harrow.
- the domain bounded by a circle.
- disc (def. 3).
- to cultivate (soil) with a disk harrow.
- disk (Thesaurus)