- 1. diffuse, spread, spread out, fan out, spread, distribute
- usage: move outward; "The soldiers fanned out"
- 2. permeate, pervade, penetrate, interpenetrate, diffuse, imbue, riddle, penetrate, perforate
- usage: spread or diffuse through; "An atmosphere of distrust has permeated this administration"; "music penetrated the entire building"; "His campaign was riddled with accusations and personal attacks"
- 3. circulate, circularize, circularise, distribute, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, disperse, pass around, publicize, publicise, air, bare
- usage: cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. diffuse, distributed (vs. concentrated)
- usage: spread out; not concentrated in one place; "a large diffuse organization"
- 2. soft (vs. hard), diffuse, diffused
- usage: (of light) transmitted from a broad light source or reflected
- 3. diffuse, prolix (vs. concise)
- usage: lacking conciseness; "a diffuse historical novel"
All rights reserved.
See also: diffuse (Dictionary)