diffuse: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.di-fyz'adj.di-fys'), [key]
— v., adj. -fused, -fusing,
- to pour out and spread, as a fluid.
- to spread or scatter widely or thinly; disseminate.
- to spread by diffusion.
- to spread.
- to intermingle by diffusion.
- characterized by great length or discursiveness in speech or writing; wordy.
- widely spread or scattered; dispersed.
- widely or loosely spreading.
- (of reflected light) scattered, as from a rough surface (opposed to specular).
- diffuse (Thesaurus)