- 1. derived function, derivative, differential coefficient, differential, first derivative, calculation, computation, figuring, reckoning
- usage: the result of mathematical differentiation; the instantaneous change of one quantity relative to another; df(x)/dx
- 2. differential, difference
- usage: a quality that differentiates between similar things
- 3. differential gear, differential, bevel gear, pinion and crown wheel, pinion and ring gear
- usage: a bevel gear that permits rotation of two shafts at different speeds; used on the rear axle of automobiles to allow wheels to rotate at different speeds on curves
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. differential
- usage: relating to or showing a difference; "differential treatment"
- 2. differential
- usage: involving or containing one or more derivatives; "differential equation"
All rights reserved.
See also: differential (Dictionary)