Synonyms of deviation
- 1. deviation, divergence, departure, difference, variation, fluctuation
- usage: a variation that deviates from the standard or norm; "the deviation from the mean"
- 2. deviation, statistic
- usage: the difference between an observed value and the expected value of a variable or function
- 3. deviation, erroneousness, error
- usage: the error of a compass due to local magnetic disturbances
- 4. deviation, deviance, abnormality, irregularity
- usage: deviate behavior
- 5. diversion, deviation, digression, deflection, deflexion, divagation, turn, turning
- usage: a turning aside (of your course or attention or concern); "a diversion from the main highway"; "a digression into irrelevant details"; "a deflection from his goal"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of deviation (Dictionary)