Synonyms of depression
- 1. depression, psychological state, psychological condition, mental state, mental condition
- usage: a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity
- 2. depression, slump, economic crisis, economic condition, crisis
- usage: a long-term economic state characterized by unemployment and low prices and low levels of trade and investment
- 3. natural depression, depression, geological formation, formation
- usage: a sunken or depressed geological formation
- 4. depression, sadness, unhappiness
- usage: sad feelings of gloom and inadequacy
- 5. Depression, Great Depression
- usage: a period during the 1930s when there was a worldwide economic depression and mass unemployment
- 6. low, depression, air mass
- usage: an air mass of lower pressure; often brings precipitation; "a low moved in over night bringing sleet and snow"
- 7. depressive disorder, clinical depression, depression, affective disorder, major affective disorder, emotional disorder, emotional disturbance
- usage: a state of depression and anhedonia so severe as to require clinical intervention
- 8. depression, impression, imprint, concave shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature
- usage: a concavity in a surface produced by pressing; "he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud"
- 9. depression, angular position
- usage: angular distance below the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
- 10. depression, push, pushing
- usage: pushing down; "depression of the space bar on the typewriter"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of depression (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.