Synonyms of demonstrate
- 1. show, demo, exhibit, present, demonstrate, show
- usage: give an exhibition of to an interested audience; "She shows her dogs frequently"; "We will demo the new software in Washington"
- 2. prove, demonstrate, establish, show, shew, confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
- usage: establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
- 3. attest, certify, manifest, demonstrate, evidence, testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show
- usage: provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes; "His high fever attested to his illness"; "The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"; "This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness"
- 4. demonstrate, march, protest, resist, dissent
- usage: march in protest; take part in a demonstration; "Thousands demonstrated against globalization during the meeting of the most powerful economic nations in Seattle"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of demonstrate (Dictionary)