demonstrate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dem'un-str?t"), [key]
? v., -strat•ed, -strat•ing.
- to make evident or establish by arguments or reasoning; prove: to demonstrate a philosophical principle.
- to describe, explain, or illustrate by examples, specimens, experiments, or the like: to demonstrate the force of gravity by dropping an object.
- to manifest or exhibit; show: He demonstrated his courage by his actions in battle.
- to display openly or publicly, as feelings: to demonstrate one's anger by slamming a door.
- to exhibit the operation or use of (a device, process, product, or the like), usually to a purchaser or prospect: to demonstrate an automobile.
- to make, give, or take part in, a demonstration: The pickets required a license to demonstrate.
- to attack or make a show of force to deceive an enemy.
- demonstrate (Thesaurus)