WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Delaware, Delaware River
- usage: a river that rises in the Catskills in southeastern New York and flows southward along the border of Pennsylvania with New York and New Jersey to northern Delaware where it empties into Delaware Bay
- 2. Delaware, Algonquian, Algonquin
- usage: a member of an Algonquian people formerly living in New Jersey and New York and parts of Delaware and Pennsylvania
- 3. Delaware
- usage: one of the British colonies that formed the United States
- 4. Delaware, Diamond State, First State, DE
- usage: a Mid-Atlantic state; one of the original 13 colonies
- 5. Delaware, Algonquian, Algonquin, Algonquian language
- usage: the Algonquian language spoken by the Delaware
All rights reserved.
See also: delaware (Dictionary)