Delaware: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (del'u-wâr"), [key]
— pl. -wares, -ware
- a state in the eastern United States, on the Atlantic coast. 595,225; 2057 sq. mi. (5330 sq. km). Cap.: Dover. Abbr.: DE (for use with zip code), Del.
- a city in central Ohio. 18,780.
- a river flowing S from SE New York, along the boundary between Pennsylvania and New Jersey into Delaware Bay. 296 mi. (475 km) long.
- a member of a grouping of North American Indian peoples, comprising the Munsee, Unami, and Unalachtigo, formerly occupying the drainage basin of the Delaware River, the lower Hudson River valley, and the intervening area.
- the Eastern Algonquian language of any of the Delaware peoples.
- a red vinifera grape grown for table use that yields a white wine.
- the vine bearing this fruit.
- delaware (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.