- 1. defensive, defensive attitude, attitude, mental attitude
- usage: an attitude of defensiveness (especially in the phrase `on the defensive')
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. defensive (vs. offensive), antiaircraft, antisubmarine, antitank, defending, en garde, protective
- usage: intended or appropriate for defending against or deterring aggression or attack; "defensive weapons"; "a defensive stance"
- 2. defensive, justificative, justificatory, apologetic (vs. unapologetic), excusatory
- usage: attempting to justify or defend in speech or writing
All rights reserved.
See also: defensive (Dictionary)